Where is the next great idea coming from to provide solutions for our future? Who will be the next round of leaders guiding our businesses and our nation? Where will we find the next spirited entrepreneurs building our global economy?
Planet Mogul is designed to help identify, educate and support the NEXT Generation of entrepreneurs, innovators and leaders. Each week we will discuss different areas of opportunities – the industries, their market potential and their areas for exploration and growth. We want students to understand ALL the opportunities available to them across a wide array of industries. We want the NEXT Generation to think bigger, broader and more creatively toward what their future can look like if they engage in leadership, entrepreneurship and innovation.
We begin with a view of entrepreneurship.
The definition of entrepreneurship
The capacity and willingness to develop, organize and manage a business venture along with any of its risks in order to make a profit.
Entrepreneurial spirit is characterized by innovation and risk-taking and is an essential part of a nation's ability to succeed in an ever-changing increasingly competitive global marketplace.
Our nation has been built on creativity. Our forefathers were innovators. There is a long list of innovation our history -- the automobile, electricity, telephone, human organ transplants, integrated circuitry, etc. Even today, what keeps the United States and its economy growing is the innovation of creative minds and the ability to monetize and produce innovations for the marketplace. Examples in today’s world include electric cars, space travel, stem cell research and even simpler ideas like Netflix, Uber, Candy Crush and tablets. It is through the joint work of innovators and entrepreneurs that our world continues to change.
Did you know the average annual income for employees in the food service is about $30,000 per employee; but in pharmaceutical or petroleum field, that same employee’s average annual income could be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars? And for that innovative entrepreneur, we are talking millions in revenue and economic impact.
Understanding the business world today helps students explore the possibilities for their future direction.
- Corporations spend trillions in their supply chains with entrepreneurs (suppliers) who have properly researched, developed and produced business solutions to meet corporate needs today and into the future.
- Corporations understand the requirement for long-lasting success is to diversify their suppliers and workforce to better represent the communities in which they live, work and market. This includes women, African-Americans, Hispanics, Asians. Veterans and LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual and Transgender).
How can we teach the current generation to explore and conquer new industries and become economic engine catalysts?
MEET OUR ENTREPRENEURS!
Planet Moguls are designed to carry our message to students. Each mogul is comprised of an entrepreneur, innovator and leader based upon actual people we know and/or admire. We want to encourage students to aspire to this NEXT generation of greatness!
- Ying is the CEO of an Aerospace Engineering Company and developed a new method of making airplanes go faster.
- Ellington is the Chairman of the Federal Reserve for Planet Mogul. She controls the central banking system and understands the world market and economy influences. Ellington is also like our friend, Dr. Mae Jemison and has traveled to space.
- Fernando is the CEO of the basketball, hockey and soccer professional teams in his region.
- Miles’ company is a world leader in digital marketing and advertising services.
- Lorena is one of just a few woman-owned gaming and animation companies. She just sold one game for $3 billion dollars.
- Pravin heads a Biomedical Science Company that just developed a drug to save millions of lives. (Worldwide sales of new drugs can be in the trillions.)
- Stacey’s Cyber Security Company just developed a process to help protect billions of computers from potential hackers and infiltration.
Please sign up to receive:
- New weekly industry profiles
- Mogul and innovators profiles
- Resources and information